Thursday, February 11, 2010

WEEK 5 EOC- 2010 SUPER BOWL COMMERCIALS

The Super Bowl Commercials were hilarious, sentimental, and unique this year. My ultimate favorite commercial is the one where you a woman opening the door inviting her date into her house. She introduces her date to her son, and walks away to finish up getting ready. By the man’s body language, you can tell he thinks he owns the house and can do whatever he wants. He grabs a Doritos and attempts to eat it. The little boy walks up to him, looks at his face and slaps him. The boy told him to keep his hands off of his mom and his Doritos. The funniest commercials are the ones I will always remember. We usually do not get that kind of humor on commercials very often. So when I finally see them it just sticks to me. The little boy loves his Doritos just as much as he loves his mom.

The other commercial I thought was really good was for Budweiser. It started off as a pony and a calf meeting for the first time; and as they grew up their bond became stronger. I personally love this commercial because it was a sweet message, and my dad and I bonded for a bit when we saw this commercial. Granted looking back now, I do not know how exactly the commercial was marketing the brand; maybe it was more directed towards woman. The sweet and touching commercial would quickly evoke most women’s emotions. And in return, the woman would most likely gravitate to buy more Budweiser. It’s not only for manly men, but people who have touching hearts.

Overall the Super Bowl commercials were a success and I was very happy with what I watched. Every commercial targeted a different audience, it made us laugh, and it was very creative. And I am also glad the Saints won.

No comments:

Post a Comment